SCM Handling, a leading South West based Robotics and Automation Company working with major blue-chip companies are currently recruiting for Mechanical design engineer.
We are a Kuka Robot platinum partner and 75% of our material handling projects involve palletizing robot cells, with the rest handling anything from 6000kg reels of paper to design lost wax machines.
We offer a role within a personable working environment and great opportunities for further training.
The role will involve:
- Taking a project on from initial concept with the customer, ensuring the equipment is designed to their specification
- Customer site visits, most within the UK, but also travelling abroad would be required.
- Producing layout drawings utilizing existing equipment or designing brand new parts
- Liaising with the electrical department, to ensure all sensors, cabling etc are taken care of during the design phase
- Producing mechanical assembly drawings with BOM’s for procurement
- Producing assembly drawings for mechanical assembly
- Producing pneumatic schematic’s
- Writing FDS and Risk Assessments for the project.
We use Autodesk Inventor for the mechanical modelling and Festo Fluid draw for the pneumatic schematics. We also use AutoCAD to overlay customer layouts for approval drawings.
For the right candidate we can offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Health care scheme
- Pension scheme
Apply in writing to email@example.com
Strictly No Agencies