We are industry leaders in providing bespoke materials handling solutions for a broad spectrum of industrial and manufacturing applications and pride ourselves on the competitive edge that our solutions provide our customers.
We provide equipment across the UK, Europe and throughout the world across a number of industry sectors. With long term working relationships with many of the worlds largest companies, we are constantly striving to innovate and add value to their processes.
Our in house design and development team and field engineers are fully supported by our state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility in Taunton, Somerset. No matter what the application, our customers have the confidence that this combination of industry leading expertise and facilities will provide them with an optimal solution to their individual handling requirements.
All of our equipment and systems are designed and manufactured in-house. Our teams utilise the latest technology throughout the design process including Autodesk Inventor 2020, KUKA.Sim Pro 3.1 & KUKA Office Lite, allowing 3D design, simulation, documentation and offline robot programming.
In addition to this our Electrical Design and Controls Department is conversant with a wide range of controls systems and follows the latest technology developments.
SCM is situated about 4 miles out of Taunton, in the heart of Somerset.
In 2010 a strategic decision was made to expand operations and so we relocated to a larger facility that could accommodate our needs.
Our state of the art manufacturing facility boasts 30,000 square feet of floor space giving us capacity to build systems concurrently.
An open plan design office houses both our mechanical and electrical design teams allowing them to knowledge share and work in an incredibly collaborative way. The facility is also home to all of our administrative, finance and aftersales staff who work tirelessly to ensure that we maintain our high standards of customer service.
Our Core Values
Our business is built on our core values, values that are at the heart of everything we do.
• Safety: The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority and drives everything we do.
• People: Constantly investing in the ongoing development of our team is an integral part of our business.
• Relationships: Our business relies on the strength of our relationships with both suppliers and customers.
• Innovation: We constantly challenge our team to innovate and push the boundaries of ground breaking design.
• Engineering Excellence: We pride ourselves on our industry leading designs and materials handling equipment.